The big advantage of having outlets such as social media to connect directly with your customers is to give them the opportunity to have access to your products and services at their fingertips. In order for you to really take advantage of all the social media has to offer, you need to make sure that every post and interaction can tie back to your website. Your website is your virtual storefront; therefore it makes perfect sense to have your best customer service representative manning the front desk.
Achieving continuity and a smooth flow between social media and your website is a must to guide the customer between them without a hitch. If there is a disconnect between the two, if both places use different language, are hard to navigate or show a different face, then your customer will lose trust and you will lose the customer. Your customer needs to feel comfortable and happy as they travel from social media and your site.
There are many opportunities that won't break the marketing budget for you to integrate your social media into your website.
- Include easy-to-see social media buttons
- Integrate social media within content where it makes sense
- Keep social media buttons up-to-date
- Post share buttons so readers can share your content
- Use analytics to track your social media channels
- Learn terms and conditions for every social media channel
- Don't put share buttons where it doesn't make sense
- Understand the demographics and behavior for each social media site
- Use special software to better understand the metrics behind your social media interactions